Thursday, September 15, 2011

First day to really be on my own with all four kids.

Ryan went back to work on Monday, and oh how I miss having him at home with us. I love our bonding time after bring a new baby/babies home from the hospital.

But Tuesday was my first real test of being a mother of four. The twins and I had a good morning, and we loaded up the car at 1:30 to go and pick up Taylor from school, and then drop him off at church for kids of the kingdom. At this point I had to get both babies out of the car and put them in their stroller, and bring Taylor upstairs to church and then put the babies and the stroller back in the car, and go home for an hour and a half. Where I had to take both babies out of the car bring them in and feed them and put them both back in the car to go pick up Taylor. Then at the church I had to get them both out of the car again, and put them in their stroller, and go up stairs and get Taylor and then down stairs to pick up Emma Grace. Then I had to try to get all four kids and the stroller back in the car. Then we went to the dog groomer to pick up the dogs. All the while the two big kids ate McDonald’s in the back of the car, so that they would be fed in time for Ryan to come home and get Taylor and take him to boy scouts. What a day it was. I was exhausted – I must have been to feed my kids McDonald’s in my car. First of all I don’t usually let my kids eat fast food, nor have I ever let anyone willing eat in my car. I love my car, but now there is a French fry in the third row of seats, and I can’t reach it to get it out.

Why did I want these babies out of my belly so bad - I ask myself now. At the time I knew.

No comments: