Friday, August 19, 2011

36 Weeks Pregnant with Addison and Preston

Well we have made it. I officially have full term twins hanging out in my uterus. We are very thankful that we have made it this far, and our chances of the babies spending anytime in the NICU after they are born is very slim. Selfishly I can't believe that I am still pregnant, but I am sure that God had the perfect plan picked out for our family, and that gives me a lot of hope.


At my weekly appointment yesterday I begged the doctor to take the babies out earlier than 38 weeks, but she was not sold. I tried to convince her that since I had not gained any weight in the last 9 weeks (since I can't eat or sleep) that the babies must be suffering, but she ordered an ultrasound and it showed great and equal weight gain in both babies (see weight gain below). I prayed that my blood pressure would be high, but in fact it was very low. Right now I am counting down the days until September 2nd, which is when my c-section is set for.


Our ultrasound yesterday did however show that both babies are still transverse. Addison has switched sides from last week, but she still has her backside laying across the bottom of my belly (which would make it darn near impossible to deliver that way). At this point I am desperately researching ways to put myself into labor with transverse babies. If anyone has any ideas please let me know. I have tried everything I possibly can for the past week but nothing has worked, including the squats (which only left my legs sore for 4 days). I am just very much ready to get my life and my household back to something that we can call our new normal.


Weight gained - 30 Pounds


Baby A (Addison) - weighed in at 5 lb. and 10 oz. yesterday


Baby B (Preston) - weighed in at 5 lb. and 9 oz. yesterday


These might in fact be the biggest babies I have ever delivered. I can't believe that I have almost 12 pounds of baby in me right now. Taylor was my biggest born at exactly 39 weeks at 7 lb and 4 oz, and Emma Grace was 6 lb and 6 oz born at 37 weeks and 6 days.


This was the Rick's cake that my mom brought home this week after I had a couple emotional days. Needless to say that the chocolate on white helped!


Thank you everyone for your prayers and your help - 14 days and counting!





Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.9

5 comments:

Char said...

I love you!

Audrey said...

I have heard about a chiropractor in Fayetteville that specializes in helping pregnant women reposition their babies so that they can avoid c-sections. I think she used to be in Evelyn Hills, but not sure if that is still accurate. Might be worth checking in to if you're really interested.

Hope the next 14 days go by quickly for you!

DeAnna said...

I'm sure you're more than ready but you look so darn cute:) 14 day's will pass by in a blink..... well let's just hope so. Congrats moma on having 2 big healthy babies! That's a huge accomplishment! and you're right 'the plan' will play out!!

Tootsie said...

Two more Virgos in the world. They are awesome! ;-)

Leslie said...

Have I told you that I am jealous?? (only 3 or 4 times now). I prayed I made it to 33 let alone 36 weeks. Your babies will have such a head start in life. You are so blessed.