Sunday, August 7, 2011

August 6 Recap

Today I am 34 weeks a nd 3 days pregnant with twins. Last night I was just for sure would be my last pregnant night if my life. My contractions were every 1-2 minutes apart and we were not able to get them to stop so we packed up our car and headed to the hospital. Once we got to the hospital we were told we were 1.5 cm dilated and 75% effaced. But they did not want us laboring this early, so they spent from 9:30 at night to 3:00 this morning trying to get my labor to stop. In the meantime my cervix dilated another half cm. By 3:00 am they were able to get the contractions to stop and my cervix to quit changing. I was really hoping for babies last night but maybe we will make it to the magic week 35. Good news out of the night was our ultrasound showed that both babies are head down (Addison is in the birth canal and ready to make her appearance first). I always figured she would come first, while brother waited in the side wing. She has shown to be very much in charge throughout this pregnancy.

We made it home by 5:00 am and got to get a little bit of sleep before our early risers woke up. Thank you Manna for taking the kids out and entertaining them at the pool this afternoon, so Ryan and I could get a nap.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.9

1 comment:

Audrey said...

What good news that the babies are in the right position. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to help with the big kids or even the twins when they arrive.