Friday, January 28, 2011

Disney Update #1

I am writing my notes so I don't forget anything. I might get to pictures on the tip, but it will probably be when I get home.

Disney Trip Day One (January 27th)

Well we made it safe and sound to Orlando. The only issue we had was getting our car seat confiscated at the airport, because evidently it was “airplane approved.” Who has ever heard of such in all of their life? And if you have met my hyperactive non sitting child you would never take a constraint ability away from us in a public place.

Disney Trip Day Two (January 28th)

Day one started out after sleeping in a little bit due to getting in the night prior at 11:00. But once we got up and headed to the Animal Kingdom it was on. My kids did so well today. Well Taylor complained a lot, which I think was caused by him being afraid of people seeing him get excited. He really complained about everything, but once we got him started and made him so some of things that he did not want to do he was pretty excited. He even rode the flying “Dinosaurs” 6 times (which are just like the Dumbo ride in the Magic Kingdom – which he said was for babies and he would not ride it). When we were walking back to the car today he said mom we need to have a family ride on Dumbo tomorrow when we are the Magic Kingdom. Funny how little bad attitudes can change!

Bug’s Life Story:

The last time we came to Disney Taylor was 3.5 years old, and when we did the Bugs Life show it scared him so bad that I had to pick him up and leave. We decided that we would chance it with Emma Grace today, and funny thing we relived the situation that we did 3 years ago. But this time it was still Taylor that was screaming and crying hysterically, and Emma Grace just sat there in her 3D glasses and loved every minute of the show. Emma Grace is not scared of anything!

T Rex Dinner

We had the best dinner tonight at the T Rex Restaurant in Downtown Disney. If you have never been you have to check it out. The whole building is decorated like prehistoric times. Perfect for kids. I think the kids had a night to remember on all sorts of fronts.


3 comments:

Christy said...

I can't wait to hear more!

Jenny said...

We just booked our trip for spring break so I am looking forward to hearing all your details! Enjoy evey minute of it!

Mauree said...

We ate at the t Rex cafe three times. My big boys loved it...Silas not so much. I hope you guys have a great time!