Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Plan B

Not sure that I have blogged much over the past three weeks since being back at work. Time seems to have escaped me! Work is wonderful. My team seems to be excited that I am back, and I am so very thankful that they held my job for me for 6 months! My company is wonderful. I love what I do and the people I get to interact with on a daily basis. For the most part I am able to keep my milk supply up while away from the babies, and pumping four times a day (which I am so thankful for). My company has been very supportive of me and my desire to modify my schedule. I am working 7:30 – 2:00 so that I can pick Taylor up at school every day. I get him picked up and then we head to Wee Friends (daycare within our church) and pick up the three little kids.

Everything is almost picture perfect! With the exception of what it takes to get out of the house in the morning and the madness that is involved with our afternoon and nighttime routine. Every day we have to make sure that we have 10 bottles for the babies, and bags of milk, and diapers. I have to haul all three little kids in using a double stroller. And it takes just as much to get home. At home we have to get homework done, bottles watched, baths, dinner made, and at 10:00 when all children are in bed I try to log back into work and catch up on anything I may have missed or catch up on anything that needs to be completed.

It has been so unpleasant that Ryan and I have discussed becoming a one income household several different times. But we are not really sure that is our desire at this point in our life. So we are moving on to Plan B. Plan B = hire a nanny.

A friend of mine has just decided to become a stay at home mom, which I am very excited about for her and her family. So this opened up a position for her nanny, whom she had been using for almost three years with her twin daughters. (Twin is the key word here because it take a lot of work to work with twins day in and day out.) Ryan and I interview Brittany and then had her over to watch the babies while we observed and we loved her. Brittany starts next Monday and we are praying she is the answer to our prayers!!!

No comments: