Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Twin Baby Shower

This weekend some of my wonderful girl friends (Mary, Andrea, Jennifer, and Ginger) throw me a shower at church and we had the best time. I am so thankful that I was able to attend! I have had a rough last two weeks of pregnancy. Over the past two weeks week have spent 6 nights in the hospital trying to get Kidney Stones under control. They are so large that I am not going to be able to pass them, and I had to have surgery to put a stint in place until after the babies get here – at that time I will have to have another surgery to get the stint out and break up the kidney stones. I never thought that a twin pregnancy would be so hard on my body. This message is for my notes, and so my kids will know what I went through to get them here and how much I love them!

Now on to my shower! We have diapers and wipes and clothes for these babies for the next 6 months. Thank you everyone who made my day so special. If I look drugged in some of these pictures it's because I was!


Side note - I love this room that we are in at the church. It is called the Parlor. This is where me and my bridesmaids got ready for my wedding, and is where I would nursed my babies when I would come see them at lunch time (while they were at playschool), this is where I had a bridal shower, this is where my friends and I converse when we have things going on at the church. I just love this room - it holds the most special memories.




Chandra and Liem

Me and Jennifer

Mendy and Laura
Jennifer, Mary, and Andrea


Isn't this cute! Andrea and her husband Tom made this baby carriage.





Aren't these the cutest burp clothes.
Me and my hostesses.

This badge says "Mother of the year" I thought it was very sweet. I don't know that I deserve it for the year, but I will take it for June and July. This bedrest and kidney stones have to account for something.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Sorry I couldn't make it to the shower. Hope you got the diapers. Maybe they will last a day or two!!