Thursday, June 16, 2011

Pregnancy Update Week 27

For mom’s records.

Where to start, since I have gotten so far behind with my pregnancy post. I guess I will start by commenting that I am in bed on my back at 1:09 in the afternoon because I have been put on half days of bed rest. At week25 we had a bit of a preterm labor scare, and spent most of the night in the ER. I was having contractions every 2-4 minutes and it took a lot to get them to stop. Luckily I have not started to dilate, so we have that working for us. Since our little scare I have cut back my hours at work, and am trying to spend more type in bed with the pressure of the babies off of me. We went back for our weekly appointment on Tuesday, and the doctor officially put me on half days of bed rest, and said if the contractions don’t stop by next week’s visit then I would be going on full time bed rest.

The bed rest piece is not that fun, especially since I may have 11 more weeks of it, but whatever it takes to keep our little ones safe and in place for the next 2.5 months!!

Names: Baby A is our little girl and she will be named Addison Brooke, baby B is our little boy and he will called Preston Anthony.

Baby Update: Both babies are growing at the same speed, and look to be very healthy. We did have to go to Little Rock for a level 2 ultra sound. At our 20 week ultra sound the doctor detected a dark spot in Addison’s heart, and some type of mass growing on the placenta between the two of them. Luckily the spot in Addison heart was gone at 24 weeks, and the mass on the placenta has no blood circulating through it and is nothing to worry about. That was honestly the most stressful four weeks of mine and Ryan’s life. When the doctor gave us our results Ryan and I looked at each other gave each other a high five, and said “let’s get the hell out of here.” Never again do I pray that we ever have to worry about one of our children having down syndrome, or the fear that one of them might have cancer. I thank God daily that Taylor and Emma Grace are so healthy, and that Addison and Preston are looking that way as well.

Like I said both babies are doing well. Some ultra sounds Preston is one day bigger than Addison and some ultrasounds Addison is one day bigger than Preston. There heart rates are always switching amongst them as well, but one thing has always been constant: Addison has always laid across the bottom of my belly, and Preston across the top of my belly. They are both transverse, which means that I will have to have a c-section if they don’t change positions soon. Which really is a bummer since I have had such easy deliveries with Emma Grace and Taylor. I have a feeling my luck is running out. I was always able to take on the world after having the first two, easy delivery and felt great afterwards even while nursing Emma Grace every two hours during the night. I think I have met my match with these twins of ours! I am looking forward to what the future holds, and how it bonds us together as a family tighter than before.

Did I mention that we sold our house (actually gave our house away)? Yep that is right we closed on it last Friday. Ryan and I are pretty excited to have that extra responsibility off of our plate!

6 comments:

DeAnna said...

Sounds like you have lots of good news and lots to be thankful for. Thanks for sharing your experience. I can't wait to see those two precious babies!!

Audrey said...

Thank goodness Addison and Preston are both healthy!

I guess look at the bright side and enjoy the rest while you can get it. :) I'm sure you will find ways to keep from getting bored since you are so creative!

The Timbs Clan said...

Addison and Preston what wonderful names!! You are such a strong person so I know u will do fine if you do have to have a C-section!

Leslie said...

Laura I feel terrible that I didn't know any of this was going on. We too had a scare about the same time in my pregnancy & it is very stressful. Please rest as much as you can & keep the babies growing. I wish I would have slowed down, maybe the girls wouldn't have been born so early! Please call me & let me know what I can do for you. Emma is welcome anytime for a play date if you need a break. I'm in BVille every day so let me know what I can do.

Leslie said...

Glad Taylor finally got his Preston! I'll never forget what he said when Emma was born!

Jenny said...

I wrote out a very long message and then decided to e-mail it to you instead. Praying for you and those lovely babies! Take care!