Saturday, November 27, 2010

Thanksgiving Day

I love Thanksgiving. Time for family and wonderful food! Have I mentioned I love to eat, and I really enjoy cooking. This year we had things all planned we were doing side dishes and ordering a delicious Honey Baked Ham. Well when my Taylor caught wind of this he through a fit. He insisted that we have a “roasted turkey, the kind with the legs sticking out of it.” He went so far as to draw me a picture of exactly what he wanted. Because I love him so much, and because a “roasted turkey” really isn’t that big of a request for Thanksgiving, this inexperienced whole turkey cooking mom braised, and baked this little boy a turkey. Guess how much he ate? That is right two bites! Not because it was not good, it was actually really good, that is just the way that Taylor is! I will never bake another turkey, but at least I got to knock it off of my life’s list of things to do!

My dad was in town for Thanksgiving, actually for the whole week, and we so enjoyed his time with us! There were actually 6 adults and three children for Thanksgiving dinner, but you would have thought we were cooking for the whole town of Bentonville. And Wine we had enough wine for the whole neighborhood, but it did not stop us from consuming it all! I love wine and family! Enjoy these pictures, and happy holiday season to all! Hope everyone has their Christmas music out already.


Taylor and G-Daddy

A little Emma Grace fit, actually Emma Grace has had a stomach bug all week and she was not feeling her best.



My little Lucy:


Can you believe how skinny Mary and I are this year? I was going to put a 2009 vs. 2010 Thanksgiving picture up but all that extra weight depressed me. I think over the past 12 months Mary and I lost a total of 65 pounds worth of baby weight! Crap, I hope we did not put it all back on over thanksgiving!

I love my hubby, and my family and that is what I am most thankful for. Everything else in life will change but family is constant, and I love that security.





No comments: