Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Spring Break 2010

This past week Taylor was out of school for spring break, so instead of hiring a baby sistter for the week I took off of work and we headed down to Baton Rouge with my sisters, Luc, and Emma Grace. Ryan had to work, so unfortunately he was not able to join us. I have written about these situations in the past where my sisters and I get these crazy ideas to leave town without our husbands, and our kids make us crazy and we only end up staying about three days, well this trip was so much diffeent. We stayed at "Hotel Bullington" as Taylor referred to my parents condo, and we just relaxed for one week solid. We had a blast and our kids were so very good. hotel Bullington makes relaxation easy; there was a nice heated pool and hot tub right at our finger tips. The condo was surrounded by three lakes, so we went on adventure walks and canoe rides. Taylor and I stayed up late every night and roasted marshmallows on G-Daddy's fire pit. We ate amazing Cajon food, and we even made it down to New Orleans for a couple days. Thank you G-daddy and Manna for such an amazing trip!!!

Emma Grace really started talking a lot more on this trip. I think she was trying to compete with her younger cousin Lucy who loves to talk! Emma started saying, "motorcycle," "Coble," more please," and my favorite "me mine." Whenever Emma wanted something she would say in her little petite voice "me mine, me mine, me mine." It was so cute. Her and Lucy did such a great job playing together. Hopefully they did not mess up G-Daddy's house too much.

The best surprise of all was my mom made a surprise appearance to Baton Rouge for a couple days to visit with us. She has been in Alabama with my Granddad as he has been recovering from open heart surgery.Great update on my Granddad - he is making very slow but steady progress to recovery each and every day. After two weeks in ICU they released him to a non critical area of the hospital. Thank you everyone for your prayers, they have been much needed and appreciated.

The next few post will have lots of pictures form our trip. Enjoy!




The good life:


Eat Me:

BFF's - I am so thankful these girls were born with a best friend.
I love these houses:

Have you ever seen anything so very cute?

2 comments:

Char said...

I am so glad you all had a good trip! Hotel Bullington most likely enjoyed their guests even more than the guests enjoyed their stay.

Audrey said...

I'm so glad to hear that your grand dad is doing well on the road to recovery. That is wonderful news.

It looks like you all had an amazing week and made lots of fun memories. I am enjoying all of the beautiful pics!